Air changes per hour (ACPH or ACH) or air change rate is a measure of the air volume added to or removed from a space divided by the volume of the space.
If the air in the space is either uniform or perfectly mixed, air changes per hour is a measure of how many times the air within a defined space is replaced.
We would recommend an air change minimum of 3 ACH for any room on ground floor and above. Below ground floor would require 5ACH and for Heath settings the recommendations can be up to 15 ACH.
Installation of ventilation can be achieved in a number of ways.
- UPVC window vents.
- Install or ensure you have the correct extraction fans.
- Installation of a Positive Input Ventilation system. This will push air into a builder whilst displacing the old, stale air.
- Cleaning using a good quality vacuum which has a HEPA filter-as this will trap very small particles.
- Dust often with a damp cloth.
- Clean bedding at a high temperature and if possible, swap carpets for wooden floors.