Why Do You Need Air Purification?
- If you or someone in your household has allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems.
- You’re moving into a brand new house or apartment buidling
- You have a smoker in your household
- You have a lot of dust in your house
- You have a pet
- You create cooking odours
- You live in an apartment or dorm
- You suffer from pollen
Did You Know…
- Indoor air can have levels of certain pollutants up to five times higher than outdoor air.
- The average person in the UK spends 22 hours indoors equating to around 90% of their day.
- Activities such as cooking and cleaning can emit many chemicals into the air. Pets can add to allergens in a household and so can chemicals from carpets and certain furnishings.
- Household chemicals, allergens, airborne bacteria and viruses can create a toxic and unhealthy mix which can cause health issues or greatly exacerbate existing ones such as allergies, asthma or other respiratory diseases.
- Between 28,000 and 36,000 deaths a year are attributed to long-term exposure to air pollution, according to the government.
Benefits Of Air Purifiers
AIR PURIFIER BENEFITS
Air purifiers, or portable air filtration systems, can remove indoor air pollution and can create a cleaner indoor air quality. This can result in real benefits especially for people living with allergies or asthma. There are many different types of air filters and purifiers and some work differently.
An air ioniser is a device that uses high voltage to ionise (electrically charge) air molecules. Couples with electrostatically positively charged collector plates, they have been used to eliminate the occurrence of airborne bacterial infections and lower airborne viral infections.
HEPA filters are designed to remove 99.97 % of all airborne pollution down to a level of 0.3 microns. There are high-grade HEPA filters that can go up 99.999 %
UV AIR PURIFIERS
UV air purifiers use short-wave ultraviolet light (UV-C light) to inactivate airborne pathogens and microorganisms like mould, bacteria and viruses.
The PlasmaWave® air purifier technology creates Hydroxyls to neutralize viruses and gases without producing any harmful Ozone.
This air purifier has a carbon filter to absorb odours such as cooking smells, cigarette smoke and pet odours.